Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bonner Blog 7

If you were the mayor of Trenton, what is the first thing you would change and why? 



Melissa

If I was the mayor of Trenton, I think that the first thing I would do would be put more funding toward the schools. I know that this isn’t as simple as it may seem because I don’t know the exact budget of the city, but I think it is an important thing to do. If the children of Trenton are unable to receive a good education, they will not be able to move on to a good college and continue on to be successful. And if more of the children from Trenton continue on to be successful, there will be more people to give back to the city.


Amanda 

If i was the mayor of Trenton, it would be difficult to pick the first thing I would change. Since I have really only been exposed to the school, I do not really know too much about outside the public education. Knowing this, I think I would raise money to renovate the library, make it handicap accessible, and an inspiring enviornment to make students want to read. The library in the school is very old, dark, and a dull place. I think this is a major project in the school that if done, would create a positive chain reaction. This would give the students a chance to really want to learn, and a nice place to go to do so.


Lauren 

If I were the mayor of Trenton, I think the first thing I would try to reallocate money or trying to get more money to change the state of the public schools. Having spent some time in the high school, I've seen how old and dingy the building is. The classrooms don't seem to have any excitement to them, the library is dark and slightly outdated, and the cafeteria has broken chairs and tables If these maintenance things could be fixed, the school would be transformed and a brighter, more pleasant atmosphere would be created. Maybe this facelift would help excite the students and make them more eager to come to school. If more students come to school, the more likely they might be to go to college and break their cycle of poverty. I know that completely changing everything about the school is nearly impossible but just a few major renovations would be helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment