Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bonner Blog 6


You are half-way done! If you had to pick your top 2 moments/activities here, what would they be and why?


Akila

My top two favorite moments so far were in class talkinmg to the teacher because it felt great to learn and discuss things. And when we played the game Step In The Circle because we go to know a lot things about eachother that we didn't know before.



Matt

When considering my top two moments/activities here (so far), the first activity that comes to mind is the talent show that we put on yesterday night. I really can’t think of anything to say about it other than the fact that it was really fun! The skits were hilarious, especially the ones put on by the staff members who impersonated us. And the team that sang “Just The Way You Are” to Dave was hilarious. When they serenaded Dave’s smile as he sat down stone-faced, I lost it.
I also really enjoyed working in East Trenton with Shaun, Dave, and our Mentor. We had some great conversations, and it was an all-around good time. I really enjoyed getting to know everyone.      

Amanda
One of my favorite activities was the talent show. I enjoyed sharing my art with everyone. Everyone who performed did a great job and it was a funny night. The highlight of the talent show for me was singing to Dave because I think we really made him laugh. Another top activity was Grounds for Sculpture because that is my favorite place on earth. I wish we could have stayed longer, but it was still an awesome experience. Willie Cole's exhibit was also really cool to see because his art was mostly made up from trash like plastic water bottles.

Lauren 

 It's just past the halfway point of the program and I already have made a ton of memories of great experiences. It's rather difficult to pick favorites but I'll try. I think my favorite thing that I have done here so far was something that may not technically have been allowed: swimming in the fountain. Our impromptu decision to go in the fountain was preceded by a late-night walk around campus. I was having a really good time getting to know everyone better when we came upon the Science Complex. We, one-by-one, decided to brave the cold water and enjoyed the thirll of the experience. After the swim, I felt like I had really bonded with the group I was with, a great feeling.
As for my second favorite experience, I cannot decide between two more organized activities. (Sorry! I'm indecisive!) First off, I really enjoyed the talent show. Although I was aprehensive about it beforehand, it turned into a great night. Watching all of the talents was fun and the staff's impersonations were quite accurate. The talent show was a great opportunity to relax and have some fun after working most of the day. On a much different note, I also like Step Into the Circle. Of course, this activity is much more serious than the talent show but I like how revealing it can be. You gain little morsels of knowledge about the people here, things you wouldn't know otherwise. Even if you don't pursue more information, which I never have, it is still nice to gain a greater understanding of who everyone is and what they believe in


Jared

It is extremely difficult to pick my top two moments so far. One of my top two moments so far is definitely the talent show. Everyone in the talent show was so good in his or her own unique way, and I thought it was hilarious when our group sang, “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars to a counselor named Dave. I have never met someone who is so good at keeping a straight face. Another great memory was finishing the house for Habitat for Humanity. The homeowners’ reaction was incredible. They were so grateful for all the work we accomplished and it felt amazing to feel like I made a difference. Another experience that was memorable was meeting the kids today at the Academic Sports Academy in the Martin Luther King School. They thought I was an extremely interesting person and they looked like they were so happy that I took my time out to come visit them. I cannot wait to see how the rest of the week goes.


Eric

My two favorite moments so far are the talent show because it was fun to learn more about other people plus it was just was fun to do and the community service that we did for Habitat for Humanity because I really enjoyed working with the other people to help make a change in the community.


Max

I really liked swimming in the fountain with Tili Margot Akash Jared and Erica. I also really liked the day trip to Grounds for Sculpture. I’ve already planned to go there with my girlfriend later this month. Also really liked the ice breakers in the beginning of the week, great job staff! This has been a lot of fun and I’ve liked everything so far except the homework which just stinks. But this isn't a summer camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment